Wednesday, February 9, 2011

BL▲CK VEIL

This outfit might not look simple, but ultimately it is. It combines all the fundamentals of a well-structured outfit (by my standards), and in monochrome (all the better). The heels and hat give me the illusion of height I so desperately seek, and the floor-length veil helps to elongate my petite figure. A lot more thought goes into curating the right ensemble than "which print is most popular this season?" But beyond all that, the outfit is just a series of black on black on black. All timeless pieces paired in a way that's relevant to gothic trends.






FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
Veiled hat - Frank Olive for Neiman Marcus
Cape - Ask my sister
Jacket - Diesel
Skirt - 1990s vintage
Clogs - Candies

Bill Blass once said "when in doubt, wear red" but I've always held a preference for black. Chanel loves it, Wintour hates it, I can't win.

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

19 comments:

  1. I love this. So beautiful.




    www.shevahh.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Love it <3 Your jacket is soooo hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this look.
    and that sofa! i need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. U are absolutely geourges dear! Love Your make up. regards :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hair is amazing!

    xoxo,

    insidelook19.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting hat:D
    You look so pretty:)

    http://anhourafteryesterday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. an outfit that elongates the silhouette is always a must for me. i love the length of the veil and the zippers on that jacket are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh and about the bill blass quote, mine is "black on black is the solution for everything." i think you know that already though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think it should be..'when in doubt wear black'...because lets face it...no colour is as flattering..!!!!!
    you loook great with the veil and all...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, how r u?
    I am a brazilian fashion blogger, but living in London now. I visited your look book and I really liked it. Amazing pictures.
    Hope you can visit my blog too: http://chatadescarpin.blogspot.com/
    Keep in touch!
    Dri

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the all black. don't care what wintour says hahah



    http://aforteforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found you via lookbook and this look is so divine. Simply electric and very inspiring blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so beautiful. Loving the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. black will always be in my warderobe too.
    I love the way you pinned up this floaty fabric, looks very interesting.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. bebe, you put me in a cheerful mood from early in the morning ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. black is always my fallback too, don't worry.
    that hat is amaze! you're rockin this outfit, love all the bling too.

    x Stace
    http://teeandfame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your outfit reminds me of this beautiful song:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGA2U30KGok

    ReplyDelete