Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SCHOOLGIRL SUMMER


I’ve mentioned before that absence makes the heart grow fonder in terms of collegiate themes in fashion, but I think I’ve really outdone myself with this look. The more time I spend outside of school, the more effort I put into looking like I belong there sartorially. Need proof? This outfit. A white blouse buttoned straight up to the neck is WAY too conservative for summer, but apparently I don’t care! I can’t stop reaching for it while deliberating over outfit ideas. Might actually reach that point where my right hand is inching ever nearer to the plaid skirts and fitted blazers while my left hand is slapping at it maniacally, frenzied in its attempt to curb my schoolgirl obsession. Yes, the part of my brain that controls critical fashion decisions has gotten way too good at manipulating my body parts into doing its dirty work. Hello, superego! Could you PLEASE forward the memo that “preppy” and “summertime” do NOT mix? My id needs a gentle reminder, thanks! Don’t shoot the messenger.












FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
Double breasted blazer – Lola Blanc’s frock swap
Necklaces - THIS IS TRANSITION
White blouse – Romwe (the shopping mecca for inexpensive staple items!)
Belt – Brighton
Plaid skirt – YES STYLE
Loafers – Pink & Pepper

Alas, I get to talk about my new shoes. Loafers. But not just any loafers – patent LEATHER loafers with a glossy sheen, oval toe box, and classic ruffle. Oh yeah, it’s called “The Ruffle.” That title is TOO fitting, shoe designer! And it reminds me of potato chips. I say that like it’s a bad thing, but really… any article of clothing that pays accidental homage to snack food is like, a godsend. These shoes know what’s up (crisp, high-sodium potato medallion with tasty ridges and a flavor complementary to sour cream and onion dip – see: Honey We Shrunk Ourselves.) You can browse the rest of Pink & Pepper’s shoe collection on DSW or buy a pair of these goody-two-shoes right here!


Everything is infinite,


Bebe Zeva

28 comments:

  1. Loving the shoes!

    daphneglowsinthedark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!
    http://lizz-leee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this look so reminds me of clueless i use always try to dress like the actors in clueless when i was younger great outfit

    http://unmarkedhabit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. droool!

    http://dearreindeer.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how you can pull off so many different styles, you always look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, you look absolutely fabulous (as usual <3)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those lines under your eyes look weeeeird and messy. You would be the best bloger if you didn't paint your face over

    ReplyDelete
  8. that`s a nice outfit and I like the colour of your lipstick.

    www.rambutan18.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. In love with this outfit. School girl and summer are bffs.

    xoxo
    Remy
    www.mydailythreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the school girl look :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love This School Girl Look! The plaid skirt with loafers and button white shirt is a classic! If feel like you would be the rebellious girl in Clueless!

    www.lovecharliej.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I WISH I could do that well with a blazer! <3

    http://justforget21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man this makes me think of that movie 'The Craft'. I love this outfit so much! The socks & loafer combo was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great school girl look & I actually like how youre wearing it in the summer!
    theurbanfashiongal.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your makeup! Why can't you make a post about how you do it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent outfit. I especially love your peter pan collared blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Once she was on my back,ergo baby carrier it felt GREAT! We took a long walk all over the neighborhood and I had absolutely ergo baby carrier uk zero shoulder and back pain like I usually get. I am now a true believer in this carrier and will be using it exclusively as ergo baby Everly grows. (The Ergo Baby also offers an infant insert for tee tiny babes available separately)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you look soooo great! I love your style ;3

    xoxo from Poland! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome skirt
    love the school girl look

    www.bobbieaustinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I completely adore this outfit! You have amazing style!

    Aishling
    http://lestage2012.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look really cool and edgy, own an extraordinary fashion style!

    I bet you must love my scarf design which are made with crazy mix color blocks!
    http://www.facebook.com/coyfashion

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is so cute!!

    http://studsanddreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete